- Paw (Bread Rolls)
- Butter - 4 tbsp
- Potatoes - boiled and mashed - 1 & 1/2 cup
- Green Peas - boiled - 1/2 cup
- Cauliflower - boiled and chopped - 1/2 cup
- Onions - chopped - 1 cup
- Green Capsicum (bell pepper) - chopped 2 & 1/2 cup
- Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Dry red chillies - 3-4
- Garlic cloves - 4-6
- Lemon juice - 2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves - chopped - 2 tbsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Paw bhaji masala - 1 & 1/2 tbsp. The paw bhaji masala can be bought from the market or can be prepared as:
50 grams red chili, 50 grams coriander seeds,
25 grams cumin seeds, 25 grams black pepper,
25 grams cinnamon, 25 grams clove,
4-5 black cardamom, 25 grams dry mango powder,10 grams fennel seeds, 1 tbsp. turmeric powder.
Roast all the ingredients separately. When cool, grind it. Shift them and mix dry mango powder, turmeric powder and fill in the bottle.
Dip the dry red chillies in warm water and make a paste with the garlic. Heat oil and add onions, capsicum and saute for 2 minutes. Put in the chilli-garlic paste - continue sauting. When the onions turns a bit soft add the tomatoes - saute. When the oil separates add the red chilli powder, paw bhaji masala, salt and fry for a while. Next add all the boiled vegetables and blend. Mash the entire blend with a masher while still in the pan. Add 1/2 cup water if required. Cook for a while and add lemon juice and coriander leaves and dollops of the butter. Garnish with coriander leaves.
The paw is to be halved from the middle, buttered and roasted on a tawa. Calorie conscious people and plain toast the bread and have it with the bhaji (mixed vegetable)