- 500 gms flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of green cardamon powder
- 50 ml milk
- 1/2 tsp Kewra water (available in mughlai shops)
- 2 tsp castor sugar (ground sugar)
- 2 &1/2 tsp Cashew paste
- 2 tbsp Desi Ghee or butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- a pinch of saffron soaked in a tbsp of milk
Mix all the above ingredients to make a dough. If required add a little water to make the dough of uniform consistency. Keep aside for 1 hour. Make balls from the dough and flatten with rolling pin to make a 1/4 inch thick spread of oval shape. Place in a greased oven proof tray. Bake in a pre-heated oven (375 degree fahrenheit) or tandoor for 8 - 10 minutes.
Brush the Naans with honey and then with saffron soaked milk.